How to Cope with a Smaller Budget
Below you will find some tips on how to cope with a small budget while chartering a yacht for your upcoming sailing holiday…
- Plan to charter outside of the primary charter season from late September to late May.
- Opt for a yacht older than 4 years yet still reliable.
- Choose a smaller yacht at around 32 feet.
- Avoid the significant touristy areas like Athens and travel to parts like the Hydra Gulf instead.
- If given the option between Bavaria, Jeanneau, or Beneteau, choose Bavaria.
- Schedule some of your sailing adventures based on cheaper flights and accessible airports.
How to get your boating holiday under the budget as a couple
If it’s just you and your sweetheart heading out for a sailing holiday, you typically have three definite options available :
- A small sailing yacht – This is between 30-37 feet and will prove to have plenty of space!
- Cabin on a larger sailing yacht – Book with 3-5 other couples and save loads of money.
- A cabin on a gulet motorsailer – Though more expensive, it is much more luxurious.
If you are looking for freedom, then option 1 is undeniably the best option out there.